1/27/09

New Penguin Love QP & PC help

Good morning. I am sorry for my delay in posting. I have had some MAJOR pc issues. I think it's all taken care of now. *wink*
Let me tell you, if you haven't heard of MalwareBytes, you definitely should try it. Thanks to my good friend, Sandi, I tried it and BOY! Let me tell you, it found a TON of infections! I had NO IDEA! My long time Antivirus protection [all of 4 years] did NOT protect me like I thought it was. Needless to say, I am not using "FREE AVAST 4HOME" any longer. I downloaded the AVG v8.1 [if you need the video of how to install get it HERE.] It too, found a couple more tracking cookies, trojens along with a few virus'!
My pc was running so s-l-o-w, that I was LOCKING up. I got lucky this time, and my pc seems to be running like it should.
So, if you want to be on the safe side, download the FREE MalwareBytes program and run it, [even if you have a PAID AV]...and check for any and all malware. You will be glad you did, I know I AM! I hope it finds nothing on your system. OH...FYI... Anti-Spyware and Virus are NOT the same thing. Be sure you not only have an Anti-virus program, but that you are running a good Anti-spyware too. I thought I would mention that, just incase you didn't know. *wink*

Anyway, after running numerous scans my pc it seems to be ok... But, if you know me, you KNOW I was NOT comfortable with that, so I had to try one other scan. Yes, I went to TrendMicro Housecall and ran a FULL scan on ALL of the drives on my 'puter. I was so releaved when it reported that it "found NOTHING".
YES!!! It usually finds one or two infections...but it found nothing! I do believe I will stick with these two programs for a while. :-) Now I feel I am good to go!
I had AVAST for over 4 yrs. and I really thought it was protecting me...and maybe it was, in the beginning. Anyway, I've given you the info, now you decided if you want to use it or not. :-)

Today, I am giving you a new QP I made using Karel's MINI Page kit FREEBIE "Penguin Love". I just love this little kit. I saw the pieces in this kit and immediately I pictured this QP [in my head I mean...lol]. So...I opened my PSP went to work. LOL And of course, I had to share it with you. :-)
You besure you visit Karel and say 'HEY' while you are there....OH! And don't forget to check out her store, too. You can find the FULL Penguin Love kit in her store, too! If you are like me, you will LOVE everything she has! *wink*

Here's a preview of the LO I made using the QP... [Jr amd me a couple Christmas' ago...seems like ages ago!]


Here's the preview of QP. If you want this QP click HERE .

Penguin Love_by: Art and Scraps [kyh]


TY for visiting my blog and I do hope you will come again. Have a wonderful week, and I hope to see you again on Saturday. :-)

No comments: